Iron Removal Filter
This Iron Removal Filter Cartridge contains the same media (Permanganate Treated Zeolite) employed in many expensive iron water filtration systems, however, it is packaged in a standard 20 inch filter housing that any homeowner can manage and maintain. When the dissolved iron comes in contact with the manganese greensand media, it is rapidly oxidized, turning the ferrous iron into a ferric form which is then mechanically filtered and removed from the water. When the iron water filter has reached the end of its service life, it is simply replaced with a new cartridge - there is no media to regenerate, no backwashing, no chemicals to worry about, etc. Moreover, our whole house iron water filter also rapidly oxidizes other common well water contaminants including manganese and hydrogen sulfide (hydrogen sulfide) which are often found in regions with elevated iron levels. Hydrogen sulfide is typically responsible for the rotten egg or sulfur (sulfur) smell often found in well water. In most cases, this filter makes an excellent choice for removing the rotten egg odor/smell from well water.
- Fraction of the cost of competitive iron treatment systems
- Easy to replace cartridge - no media regeneration required!
- NO backwashing required!
- Effective over a wide pH range
- Also treats manganese and hydrogen sulfide (rotten egg smell)
- Does not add harmful bi-products to your drinking water
- Prevents staining of laundry and plumbing system
- Relatively long filter life - cost effective long-term operation
- Simple installation in about half and hour
- Small size - save valuable floor space!
- Will not harm your septic system!
This Iron Removal Filter will also effectively remove ferric iron through simple mechanical filtration, although a sediment filter may be a more cost effective choice. Best contaminant removal rates are achieved where the pH is 7.0 or higher, although satisfactory contaminant removal can generally be achieved at lower pH levels (6.7 to 6.9) under most conditions. This filter will not be effective where the pH level is less than 6.5. This iron water filter system includes a big blue 20 inch housing, spanner wrench and 1 each iron reduction cartridge. On the other hand, if your water has higher amounts of iron, up to 10ppm or more, you will need our whole house Iron Water Filter System. We recommend that you test your water to determine if an iron water filter is needed before making a water filter system purchase. Purchase the Iron Filter Replacement Cartridge HERE