Poly Salt Free Water Softener
Using our Hard Water Bullet Poly Salt Free Water Softener means cleaner, purer and much tastier drinking water. You get three awesome products in one compact filtration system. If you are like most homeowners, you might have several filters, softeners or conditioners installed to perform several tasks including water filtration and hard water treatment/conditioning. This Triple Action Hard Water Conditioner has all of these features built-in and actually performs three separate functions.
First of all, it has a built-in cleanable stainless steel 50-micron filter that is easily removed for service as needed. No more needing to buy replacement water filters! Second, it uses our Hard Water Bullet which is an “Electro-Mechanical” Catalytic Process water conditioning core that breaks down the calcium hardness in the water into aragonite crystals. Aragonite is a softer form of calcium that will not build-up like untreated limescale, which will eventually damage fixtures, pipes, and appliances. Aragonite will also coat the inside of pipes and tanks adding a layer of anti-corrosive protection. Third, it holds 10.5 ounces of polyphosphate crystals which will keep the aragonite and iron in suspension and helps keep spotting from occurring.
Please read our customer testimonials HERE
And an animated graphic showing the flow of water through the catalytic core and how the un-treated calcium is converted into harmless Aragonite:
Polyphosphate dosing has been used for decades in controlling hard water deposits in water systems and continues to be a very popular treatment method for sequestering minerals in water. It is available in powder, liquid and crystal form. The polyphosphate dissolves into the water very slowly as it passes through the conditioners housing and coats the hard water minerals and aragonite making it impossible for these agents to precipitate out of the water and create limescale build up. This descaling agent ties up the hardness and keeps it in suspension.
Read about Polyphosphates HERE and see the downloadable spec sheet above
Polyphosphates have been around many years in different applications ranging from municipal water supplies, commercial applications as well as residential applications, all with excellent success.
Benefits Of Using The Poly Triple Action Hard Water Filter:
- Compact and lightweight. Can easily be installed where other filters cannot because of limited space
- Combines three levels of conditioning into one compact system. Water Filtration, Scale Control, and Siliphos Treatment.
- Protects plumbing systems and water-related systems, pipes, and appliances (e.g. boilers, washing machines, dishwashers, water heaters etc.)
- Saves electricity costs
- Will not waste water like conventional water softeners will from backwashing
- Environmentally friendly, no wasted brine water
- Healthier than conventional salt-based water softeners
- Cost less to purchase than most water softeners and hard water treatment products
Ideal for septic systems because it does not regenerate, or add salt to your septic system
- High impact poly filter housing made to last many years and will not rust
- Permanent stainless steel filter means you won’t be buying filters anymore
- Lifetime Hard Water Bullet catalytic core is manufactured from several hardened metals, nothing to fail
- 30 GPM high flow design means you will not have decreased water pressure
- Easy to disassemble and service
- Includes mounting wall bracket
- Comes ready to install with 10.5 oz of polyphosphate crystals and nipple adapters
- Many of our customers will install Whole House Iron Filter and Poly Hard Water Conditioner at the same time
How It Works:
The incoming water goes through the Hard Water Bullet scale control core to break down the calcium scale into aragonite crystals
The treated water goes through siliphos treatment from polyphosphate crystals.
The conditioned water passes through the stainless steel 50-micron screen filter.
The Final Result:
Even though the treated calcium has been converted into aragonite, it is kept in suspension because of the addition of the poly-phosphates. And you maintain the health benefits of having the minerals left in the water. You will enjoy clean and naturally treated water without using salt to treat your water.
It is recommended that every six months to check the level of polyphosphate crystals, clean the filter and Hard Water Bullet core. This may change for your particular application and depends on water usage. Please review the service video at the bottom of this page
The Poly Triple Action Hard Water Filter should be installed vertically allowing the drain valve to be positioned pointing down, which allows for easy draining of the filters housing, and to relieve pressure on the filters housing for servicing. The water inlet and outlet are both 1" pipe threads and can be bushed down to 3/4" if necessary. Use the included BST-NPT thread adapters. Install this Hard Water Filter AFTER your pumps pressure tank and do not allow it to freeze.
Every 10-12 months, simply unscrew the housing bottom and check the level of polycrystals, check the hard water bullet for corrosion, and clean the filter if needed. Please see the downloadable service sheet at the top of this page.
Please read our customer testimonials HERE
Need a smaller or portable Poly Hard Water Filter? Click HERE
Please download the service instructions at the top of this page
- Maximum pressure 145 PSI
- Flow rate 30 GPM
- Filtration surface area 340 cm
- Filter height 10”
- Filter width 4.5”
- 1/2" drain valve
- 6.5" between water in, and water out ports
- Filter housing diameter 12-1/4”
- Max. Working temperature 140 degrees
- Filter weight (including 10.5 oz poly-phosphate crystals) 4 lbs
- Includes 10.5 oz of Poly-phosphate and 2ea male threaded installation nipples