Crystal Poly Salt Free Water Softener Gen-5 Iron Filter Model
Using our Hard Water Bullet Poly Salt-Free Water Softener means cleaner, purer and much tastier drinking water. You get three awesome products in one compact filtration system. If you are like most homeowners, you might have several filters, softeners or conditioners installed to perform several tasks including water filtration and hard water treatment/conditioning. This Triple Action Hard Water Conditioner has all of these features built-in and actually performs three separate functions. If you need our 3/4" model, please click HERE
As water enters the filters housing, it passes through a 2-micron poly iron and bacteria filter to ensure contaminants are removed before the hard water treatment begins. Clean filtered water then passes through the polyphosphate capsule which holds 6 oz of food-grade, plant-based polyphosphate crystals, and then through the catalytic core, which is a true "ElectroMechanical Catalytic Core” (Hard Water Bullet) where the calcium carbonate is converted into harmless aragonite which will be sequestered by the polyphosphate dosing.
Please read our customer testimonials HERE
And an animated graphic showing the flow of water through the catalytic core and how the un-treated calcium is converted into harmless Aragonite:
Polyphosphate dosing has been used for decades in controlling hard water deposits in water systems and continues to be a very popular treatment method for sequestering minerals in the water. It is available in powder, liquid and crystal form. The polyphosphate dissolves into the water very slowly as it passes through the conditioner's housing and coats the hard water minerals and aragonite making it impossible for these agents to precipitate out of the water and create limescale build-up. This descaling agent ties up the hardness and keeps it in suspension. The Poly Salt-Free Water Softener bullet catalytic core has been tested and verified for results by Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Department of Chemistry.
Read about Polyphosphates HERE and see the downloadable spec sheet above
Polyphosphates have been around many years in different applications ranging from municipal water supplies, commercial applications as well as residential applications, all with excellent success.
Benefits Of Using The Poly Triple Action Hard Water Filter:
- Compact and lightweight. Can easily be installed where other filters cannot because of limited space
- Combines four levels of conditioning into one compact system. Water Filtration, Scale Control, and Siliphos Treatment, iron/bacteria filtration.
- Protects plumbing systems and water-related systems, pipes, and appliances (e.g. boilers, washing machines, dishwashers, water heaters etc.)
- Saves electricity costs
- Will not waste water like conventional water softeners will from backwashing
- Environmentally friendly, no wasted brine water
- Healthier than conventional salt-based water softeners
- Cost less to purchase than most water softeners and hard water treatment products
Ideal for septic systems because it does not regenerate, or add salt to your septic system
- High impact clear poly filter housing made to last many years and will not rust.
- Permanent 25-micron inner stainless steel filter easily cleaned.
- Lifetime Hard Water Bullet catalytic core is manufactured from several hardened metals, nothing to fail.
- 30 GPM high flow design means you will not have decreased water pressure.
- Easy to disassemble and service.
- Includes mounting wall bracket and housing wrench.
- Comes ready to install with a pre-filled polyphosphate cartridge.
- Includes an extra polyphosphate cartridge (Free)
- Many of our customers will install Whole House Iron Filter and Poly Hard Water Conditioner at the same time. Included with the Poly Salt-Free Softer is our exclusive 2-micron bacterial pre-filter which removes iron and intestinal parasites including cryptosporidium and giardia which are not always sensitive to chlorine treatment and must be filtered from the water supply
How It Works:
The incoming water goes through the Hard Water Bullet scale control core to break down the calcium scale into aragonite crystals
The treated water goes through siliphos treatment from polyphosphate crystals.
The conditioned water passes through the stainless steel 50-micron screen filter.
Bacteria and red water iron are removed as the water passes through the 2-micron outer filter
The Final Result:
Even though the treated calcium has been converted into aragonite, it is kept in suspension because of the addition of the poly-phosphates. And you maintain the health benefits of having the minerals left in the water. You will enjoy clean and naturally treated water without using salt to treat your water.
Maintenance/Service: (Service Videos At Bottom Of This Page)
It is recommended that every six months to check the level of polyphosphate crystals, clean the filter and Hard Water Bullet core. This may change for your particular application and depends on water usage. Please review the service video at the bottom of this page
The Poly Salt-Free Water Softener should be installed vertically allowing the drain valve to be positioned pointing down, which allows for easy removal of the housing bottom. Pressing the red pressure-relief button will relieve pressure on the filter's housing for servicing. The water inlet and outlet are both 1" pipe threads and can be bushed down to 3/4" if necessary. Install this Hard Water Filter AFTER your pump pressure tank and do not allow it to freeze.
Every 10-12 months, simply unscrew the housing bottom and check the level of polycrystals inside the cannister adding if needed, check the hard water bullet for corrosion, and clean the filter if needed. Please see the downloadable service sheet at the top of this page.
Please read our customer testimonials HERE
Need a smaller or portable Poly Hard Water Filter? Click HERE
Please download the service instructions at the top of this page
- Maximum pressure 145 PSI
- 1-inch NPT American female pipe threads
- Flow rate of 30 GPM
- Filtration surface area 340 cm
- Filter height 12.5”
- Filter width 4.3/4”
- Refillable 6 oz polyphosphate cannister
- 4-3/4" between water in, and water out ports
- Filter housing diameter 14”
- Max. Working temperature of 140 degrees
- Filter weight 6 lbs
- Includes 6 oz pre-filled polyphosphate cannister
- Includes extra polyphosphate cannister (Free)
- Includes 2-micron iron and bacterial pre-filter (Should be replaced every 15000 gallons or 6 months)
Warranty: 90 Days complete satisfaction guarantee complete product refund, 24 months on all housing parts, Lifetime warranty on the catalytic core (Hard Water Bullet Core)